Partnerships with international organizations
Mengzi Economic-Technological Development Zone
A snapshot of METDZ
Established in January 2013 upon the approval of the State Council and located in Honghe Prefecture of Yunnan Province, Mengzi Economic-Technological Development Zone(abbreviated as METDZ) is the nearest national-level development zone of Chinafacing ASEAN. Covering an area of 106 sqkm, the core area of METDZ gains the total industrial output value of 59.04 billion yuan and the total import and export value of $2.4 billion in 2020.
Location of METDZ
A Gateway to the ASEAN
Located at the intersection of the KunHe International Economic Corridor and ASEAN-China Free Trade Area and, METDZ is the gateway to the ASEAN.
A Hinterland Market of Southwest China
It is seamlessly connected with the vast hinterland market of Southwest China, South China and West China and sees Vietnam across the Mekong River.
It has remarkable advantages in national strategies such as the Belt and Road, the construction of pilot free trade zone, and the development and opening-up to ASEAN.
Invest in METDZ
4 Overlapping Opportunities:
Development and Opening-up to ASEAN, The Belt and Road Initiative, China (Yunnan) Pilot Free Trade Zone, Honghe METDZ Comprehensive Bonded Zone
3 pillar industries:
Non-ferrous metal and new materials, Advanced Manufacturing，
policy support：To provide policy support for potential foreign investment projects
METDZ Investment Promotion Center
Address: METDZ Administrative Committee Building, Honghe Avenue, Mengzi City, Yunnan Province, P.R. China 661199
- China Center for Information Industry Development.
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce.
- Sumgait Chemical Industrial Park LLC.
- Supreme Council of Free Trade Industrial and Special Economic Zones of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Association of Industrial, Science, Innovation and Technology Parks (Hungary).
- Mengzi Economic and Technological Development Zone.
- Zhejiang Cixi Coastal Economic Development Zone (China)
- Korea Industrial Complex Corporation (KICOX)
- Industrial Development Authority, Ministry of Trade and Industry – Egypt.
- Qatar Free Zones Authority.